Pokémon Team Challenge - Store Qualifier Events
- Regular price
- Sale price
- £0.00 Sale
Mystic’s Team Challenge Tournaments
The Play! Pokémon Team Challenge is a global online event designed to offer Play! Stores new ways to engage with their local Pokémon Trading Card Game Community and compete with other Stores around the world to see who will be the very best!
The Play! Pokémon Team Challenge will be run on the Pokémon Trading Card Game Online platform, but deliver the feeling of an in-store tournament whilst maintaining safe, social distancing in line with recommendations from the World Health Organisation and local, regional, and national health authorities worldwide.
Stores from around the world who are already members of the Play! Pokémon Program and run regular Pokémon Leagues in store can take part in the Pokémon Team Challenge! Each eligible Store will run 4 Qualifiers, creating a team where the 4 winners from their local community will go on to represent their Store in the Play-Offs to crown the Best Team in the Pokémon Team Challenge.
We want to support our local community by hosting these events free of charge.
Format: Standard legal (New cards are legal day of release)
Dates: Every Saturday in February
Starting time: 2PM
Qualifier tournaments will be played within a single (Masters) division over the appropriate number of swiss rounds, followed by a top cut, as documented in the official tournament rules. The format for these qualifiers will be Standard. The winner of each of the 4 Qualifiers will secure a place in the Store Team.
Registration opens 8 days before each event, and deck lists must be submitted by the online deadlines in order for a player to be entered into the tournament. It’s all online, so please plan ahead, and don’t be late, because we can’t hold the tournament for a late arrival.
You will receive official Pokémon playmats to distribute to the winners of each Qualifier. These playmats have not been available anywhere before this event, so should be very attractive. Additional TCGO booster codes to distribute among your players as participation prizes.
Players participating in the Qualifier phase will also receive exclusive digital sleeves and deck boxes to be used in the TCGO (distributed after conclusion of the Qualifiers).
Teams that make Top 256 will receive 5 official Team Challenge playmats for the Team members, TO and store.
Teams that make Top 32 will receive 6 official Team Challenge Top 32 playmats for the Team members and the store. These playmats are not to be sold, only to be given as prizes to the players representing your store in the Play-Offs or being displayed in your store.
These playmats will have different artwork than the ones offered in the Qualifiers. Your players will also receive additional TCGO booster codes from us, depending on their ranking. In addition, the Top 8 will receive physical Pokémon TCG product in the English language.
- Create an account on: https://www.pokemon.com/uk/
- Go to “Pokémon TCG online settings” and put your social preferences on “open”
- Go to “Play! Pokémon Settings” and click Yes! I want to participate in all available play.
- You can find your Player name and Player ID on the top.
- Download the Pokémon TCG online game on https://www.pokemon.com/uk/pokemon-tcg/play-online/download/
- Install the game and login using the details you created on the Pokémon website.
- Make sure you have done the introduction games before attending the tournaments
- Create an account on https://rk9.gg/ using a google account
- Click on tournament and filter for GB
- You can search for Mystic Games and it will show up all available tournaments
- Once registration period is active you can join this league.
- On the day of the tournament you are required to:
- Attend on time before registration ends
- Have applied a deck list beforehand (you can start 8 days before the tournament)
- Have your Player ID and Screen name available
- Have completed the introduction games on TCG online
- Join the discord channel gg/7pEdZJu8db